PEMs in non-university settings
- In non-university settings, no further training is required.
- Nevertheless, certain sites occasionally suggest performing several months of further training to perfect knowledge or proficiency in a specific niche of the discipline, owing to the needs expressed by the population served and additional needs to be filled within the team.
- Note that certain “non-university” sites sometimes require fellowships before granting a position. This practice is unofficial, and is not supported by the Ministry of Health and Social Services either.
- When this training is intended to meet a specific need, however, it is acceptable and may be paid, but it must be supported by the DSP of the recruiting establishment.
- If you have any questions in this regard, contact the FMRQ (firstname.lastname@example.org).