Obtaining a permit to practise
To obtain a permit to practise in Quebec, you must apply to the Collège des médecins du Québec. The permit is accessible once you have received your specialist certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and completed the minimum number of months of postgraduate education required for your specialty. You must also have attended an ALDO Quebec information session given by the Collège, and have passed the Medical Council of Canada exams (MCCQE Parts I and II).
Steps to follow:
- Visit the Collège des médecins du Québec site
- Complete the application online for a regular permit to practise
- Once you have received the permit, register online on the membership roll of the Collège. At this point, you will pay your yearly membership fee
Once you have obtained your permit:
- Take out malpractice insurance with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Register online with the Quebec Health Insurance Board (RAMQ) for billing purposes
Access the permit section of the Collège des médecins du Québec site.