Health and wellness activities
The FMRQ has been working for a number of years now on raising training sites’ awareness and identifying lasting solutions to these problems. In that regard, in December 2001 the Federation set up the Resident Wellness Committee (RWC) in order to find solutions so as to ensure the health and wellness of its membership within their training sites. The FMRQ’s actions have been taken with respect to medical residents themselves, but also to different stakeholders: aid offices, faculties, universities, medical federations and associations, government, etc.
RWC members have set up different projects to raise training sites’ awareness of the difficulties experienced by medical residents:
- FMRQ Health and Wellness Tour, which helps establish a dialogue on the question of the health and wellness of physicians-in-training through presentations in the different programs.
- Medical Resident Day
- Position statement on medical resident health and wellness
- Bulletin on Stress and burnout: How to avoid it How to overcome it
- Intimidation is infectious, let's fight it together
- Bulletin on Suivide: not a solution
- Bulletin on Prejudice, taboos and stigmatization
- Bulletin on Medical residents’ health and wellness: an FMRQ priority
- Handbook for pregnancy, adoption and parenthood