Extensions of training

Any application for an extension of training other than a fellowship must be sent to the Office of the Associate Dean for Postgraduate Medical Education of the medical faculty where you intend to perform your extension of training and, as applicable, the home medical faculty of the hospital establishment that will be recruiting you when you complete that extended training. It is not necessary to hold a PEM to be authorized to perform this training, but a position must be available in line with the quotas imposed by the MSSS, without exceeding the maximum number of positions authorized in each program, category and subcategory, as determined by government decree.